MIMI INCA TOF Channel Plot Directions:
- Select the Image Resolution and Species.
High Spatial images can be species Hydrogen or Oxygen.
High Time images show all species.
High mTOF images can be species Hydrogen or Oxygen.
- Select the Reduce Images option, either average or sum from image to a point.
- Select Averaging or Summing and the number of images to do. This is good when viewing multiple days
- Select the units.
- Select if you want to display the tof channel data in counts or flux or in partial pressure.
The individual lines can be plotted together or separately.
- Select if you want to average the data. Not all data can be averaged at this time. A notice
will be printed out if the data can not be averaged.
- The normal method of averaging sums the data
over the time range and divides by the number of samples per time range.
- The time weighted method of averaging sums the data times it's accumulation time over the
time range and divides by the total accumulation time.
- The interval fields allow the user to select a number and interval type: seconds, subsectors, sectors and spins.
- The Pre-Transform averaging is better to use for very long time ranges because it reads
the data in one day at a time, averages it and concatenates the data together beform doing any
selected transformations on it.
- The Post-Tranform is the default method to use for averaging. It performs the averaging
after any selected transforms have been done.
- Select the Axis body for the supplementary labels (radius, latitude, local time) on the time axis. These do not appear
for every plot. The L value will still be for Saturn.
- Select the Plot file output background color.
- If white is selected then both will be output.
- The files have a _wht. label added to the filename.
- Select the color scale option.
- Enter a minimum and maximum range for the color map or let the software default to the images maximum and minimum.
- Add any additional plots.
- S/C Orient. is the S/C Orientation Plot.
- The Coll. Volt is a plot of the INCA collimator voltage.
- The Mag is a S/C coordinate plot of the Magnetometer data. Select from the list of coordinate frames to
display the mag data in. The default frame is the spacecraft frame.
- Select the Plot Output Type.
- For the File output types click on the File label with the right mouse button and use Save Link Target.
- Or click on the image with the right mouse button and use Save Image As.
- Enter the start and stop year, day of year and hours.
- Select Update Window button.
- To page from one day to the next, use the << or >> buttons.
- To page across more than one day, edit the Amount (doys) field and use the << or >> buttons..
Spacecraft Orientation Plot Description:
The top plot is of the Z spin flag that will plot a green line if it is set to 1 (MIMI in spin mode) and a pink line if
the C kernel used is a predicted kernel.The other plots list angles in degrees 0 - 180 from the s/c axis to NEP, Sun and planet. The data closest to 0 and 180 should stand out.
|Axis ||Degrees||Color |
|-X|| 90-180 ||blue |
|0 - 89.9 ||red |
|-Y ||90-180 ||gray |
| ||0 - 89.9 ||orange|
|-Z ||90-180 ||green |
| ||0- 89.9 ||hot pink|
|170-180||Thick line |
|135-169.9||Medium line |
|45-134.9||Thin line |
|10-44.9||Medium line |
|0-9.9 ||Thick line |